Wednesday 21 March 2012

Manchester.......the little pattern details..rozalyn mcintyre

Trying to encorporate pattern design and the achitecture of a building, can be a hard thing to achieve. Recognising the finer details of a building and the design within, can be an excting adventure.
I chose to walk round manchester, in particular, oxford road, and record the patterns,desgins that most inpsired me.
Using Manchester as my influence for the arrivals brief, i feel that taking in the surroundings of where i live and what the buildings in particular mean to me, will be benifical when creating my own space for the new build.
These images are of the river that runs through oxford road and was my first pit stop. I was drawn to the patterns and reflections created in the water and the red brick buildings.
Sam_0850
 I really like the font of this sign...
Sam_0851
Seeing through the cracked plastic creates a different pattern within the image whilst encorporating the river still.
Sam_0852
A rectangular pattern emerges from this and it was completely by chance!
Sam_0853
The above album is a collection of the photos that i felt meant more to me and i could work with whilst developing my ideas and desgins.
Feel free to look through the album and take (if anything) what you would like from the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment