Wednesday 21 March 2012

Ursula Rae - Marks.

Found myself reflecting back on the past project whilst taking work down from the studio...

Marks. I am always drawn to marks that are created by others, by chance, by occurences in the world. So often those that happen without intention.

I feel incredibly drawn to this...why not bring this into Unit X? It's something I am excited by and always on the look out for.

P1080556

Considering this, and the fact that I've been thinking about the changes that occur to a space upon entering. I began to consider the way that wherever we go, a mark is made. On arriving anywhere, a small part of us having been there is left behind.

So, I've been thinking, about how an imprint may be left upon surfaces touched, places stood.

Marks left by our arrival into a place.

P1090437

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment