Monday 23 April 2012

Cabot Tower - Bristol

I visited Cabot Tower in Bristol to see this amazing view.


However,  whilst climbing the 108 tiny spiral steps to the top I felt so claustrophobic and began to panic as only one person could fit at a time. Although it wasn't the same feeling it kind of reminded me of a busy Saturday in Manchester city centre. It was a strange feeling to be in such a large building but to feel so small and suffocated. Should the new building be an escape from the busy city, or should it reflect it?


Each step was like a small sense of relief that I was a little closer to the top. This got me thinking, should my work make people feel something in particular? 



1 comment:

  1. Such lovely photos hannah! When ever i have visited cabot tower as a child, i never appreciated the amazing view and structure of the tower itself. I completely understand the link with manchester and claustrophobia. If this is a route you are thinking of going down, maybe you could look at going to victoria or piccadilly stations at rush hour and photographing the crowds? I know i feel very overwhelmed at those stations. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete