Friday 18 May 2012

Final Visualization

 
Visualizing my work proved to be more difficult to convey than i first assumed. My initial attempts on photo shop didn't give the impression of draping fabric that I felt was an important element of my design. Thus, I instead printed out an artists interpretation of the Cafe area of the New School and hand painted my design loosely with water colours. I think this has worked successfully. I wanted the fabric to be draped from above, mimicing the shapes in Gothic Vaulting and the Gothic Arch. my first attempt (left) didn't translate this effectively enough; I decided the fabric should hang from one point on the ceiling, rather than several. My final visualization (right) works much better; suggesting weight in the fabric and translating, far more effectively, the shapes and forms of Gothic Architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment