Saturday 12 May 2012

Tord Boontje

 Boontje's studio’s designs take inspiration from nature, and employ a décor of forms and layers to engage and entice an observer’s imagination and emotions. Light plays an important role within his designs; the patterns cast in shadows by his laser cuts are often as much a part of the design as the 3 dimentional pieces.

 Boontje's 'fabric room' takes inpiration from architecture; Guadi's buildings in Barcelona in particular. I like the way draped fabric folds itself into very organic shapes. The 'fabric room' has inspired me in the development of my project. I'd like to use my own printed fabrics to drape, mimicing the organic shape of the gothic arch; perhaps also laser cutting ino the fabric and using light in my design. Boontje's design is about entering an 'experience'; there is something comforting about being surrounded by a blanket of draped fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment